Considering a Lithium Battery? Review the Battle Born Lithium Battery Information and Check List
This post will help with some quick facts regarding the Battle Born battery. You will quickly be able to decide if switching from traditional lead acid deep cycle batteries to the Battle Born Lithium battery will be successful.
Reference part numbers BB to use with the Battle Born lithium battery information sheet.
- How to Charge the BB LFP
- Why are the BB LFP batteries safe
- How to Install the BB LFP
- How to Size the BB LFP for my application
- What size cable to use
- Connecting the BB battery in 12V, 24V and 48V
Do I have to buy a special charger for Battle Born LiFePO4 batteries?
You do not need a special charger to charge your Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) deep cycle battery. The BB battery prefers to bulk charge at 14.4 volts and float at 13.6 volts. Do not equalize the BB battery. Most standard chargers can handle these settings at the AGM mode . More and more chargers are offered with lithium specific settings and they will charge the BB faster than a regular charger in most cases.
Battle Born Battery Price $949 ea plus tax
10 year warranty
• 100 Amps Continuous – 200 Amps Surge for 30 Seconds
• ½ Second Surge for Larger Loads
• High/Low Voltage Protection
• Short Circuit Protection
• High/Low Temperature Protection
• Automatic Cell Balancing
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 12.75 x 6.875 x 9
Charger Compatibility List for BB LFP Batteries
Will your current device will work to charge the BB batteries? Whether it be a solar charge controller or a marine grade converter, BB does their very best to test every charger they can. By doing so, a list has been created of chargers that BB knows to work great with their batteries. If your charger isn’t on this list please give them a call and they will get the answer.
Battle Born Battery Price $1049 ea plus tax
10 year warranty
The first li-ion drop in replacement for a 6 volt GC2 battery
- 100 Amp Hour, 12 Volt Battery
- LiFePO4 Chemistry
- 3000- 5000 Cycles*
- Compatible with your current charger, smart charger or inverter charger
- Drop in Replacement for 6 volt GC2 Lead Acid Batteries
- 10 Year Warranty
- Designed and Assembled in Reno, Nevada, USA
- 10.32 x 7.36 x 11 (L x W xH)
- 31 lbs
Advantages of Battle Born lithium batteries
- Longer life span- 3000-5000 cycles(still have 75-80% capacity left)
- Twice the useable capacity- you can use 100% of the capacity in lithium unlike the 50% of a lead acid
- No voltage sag- Even as the batteries get low, the power is much more consistent. Whether you are at 90% or 10% full, you can pull a continuous 100 amps out
- Fast charging- up to 5 times faster than a lead acid batteries. Charge at 50 amps if you have one of our 100 amp batteries. Short absorption time and no equalization stage
- 99% Efficient- lithium batteries have virtually no internal resistance, they dont heat up or swell when charging or discharging
- Lithium does not off gas so you can place them anywhere
- Lighter- ½ to ⅔ the weight of lead acid
- Completely Safe and nontoxic- LifePo4 is landfill safe. One lead acid battery can contaminate acres of municipal waste.
- inherently non combustible (550degrees)
- 10 year warranty
- US manufacturer
- Reduce your generator use
- Take full advantage of solar
- Eliminate battery anxiety
- With prismatic cells if one cell goes bad it can compromise the whole battery pack. Cylindrical cells radiate heat and control temperature more easily than prismatic cells.
Series Up to four BB10012 batteries may be connected in series to increase the voltage of the system up to a 48V system. When batteries are mounted in series, current capacities remain the same, but the system voltage is additive. Two BB10012 batteries mounted in series to form a nominally 24V system should be charged using a bulk and absorption voltage of 28.8V, and a float voltage of 27.2V. Four BB10012 batteries mounted in series to form a nominally 48V system should be charged using a bulk and absorption voltage of 57.6V, and a float voltage below 54.4V. Batteries to be connected in series should be at the same state-of-charge before they are connected. For best results, fully charge each BB10012 battery using a 12V charger prior to connecting them in series, in order to ensure that they are at the same state-of-charge.
DO NOT SUBMERGE THE BATTERIES
DO NOT SHORT CIRCUIT THE BATTERIES
DO NOT REVERSE POLARITY
DO NOT EXPOSE THE BATTERIES TO EXCESSIVE HEAT DO NOT MISHANDLE, DROP, THROW, OR APPLY EXCESSIVE FORCE TO THE BATTERIES
DO NOT OPERATE WITH LOOSE TERMINAL CONNECTIONS
Battle Born Batteries offers a 10-year manufacturers defect warranty from the date of purchase (see attached Warranty)
Charger compatibility table
Replacement Converters Progressive Dynamics