Powering On Battery
Press and hold “MAIN SWITCH” button for 3 seconds to turn on or off battery. Green light indicates power is on.
Once battery is on, the battery fuel gauge will indicate SOC (state of charge) with a total of ten bars. The reference power of each bar is 10%.
Note, when only two bars are remaining, the gauge will sound an alarm will sound an under voltage alarm. This means the battery needs to be re-charged.
When one bar remains, the gauge will sound another under voltage alarm.
STOP driving immediately and charge battery.
Battery will shut down and cart will come to a sudden stop if the second alarm is ignored.
***Continued driving after second alarm will void warranty***
Only charge battery with designated charger. Any other charging method or charger will void warranty and potentially damage the battery.
For storage over one month, keep golf cart and battery in a dry, well ventilated room that is 32F – 95F degrees.
Do not store near corrosive material, fire and heat sources.
Note: leaving cart and battery outside near coastal areas will cause corrosion. Best idea is to keep in a garage or at least use a protective cover.
In order to prevent over discharge for long term storage:
- Fully charge battery then turn off battery with power button
- Battery SOC must be above 60%
- Recharge battery every three months
- Battery left in an over discharged state will void warranty
Warranty Repairs / Replacements
A limited battery warranty is for five years from date of purchase. Keep your receipt with date of purchase. The limited warranty in non-transferable. We make no other implied warranty except for the five year limited warranty. Consequential damages are not covered.
Warranty covers manufacturer defects only. Over discharged batteries are NEVER a warranty.
If the product has any failure within the five year period from date of purchase, seller will repair or replace the product at its sole discretion according to the failure situation. Again, over discharged batteries will not be warrantied!
Limited warranty in situations of malfunction due to defects in workmanship.
DIY beware! Improper installation or accidental short-circuit of battery will void warranty.
The warranty is invalidated if any of the following occurs, but not limited to:
Failure to follow instruction manual
Accidental or unreasonable use, misuse or mishandling, improper charging, over-loading
Extended storage without recharging or repairs or modification done by an unauthorized person
This warranty is in lieu of all other expressed warranties. Rowpow and Deep Cycle Battery San Diego will not be liable for consequential or incidental damages.
- Do not not disassemble, resemble or repair the battery. Incorrect reassembly may cause combustion or electric shock.
- If the battery is damaged or dropped, contact the seller immediately.
- Do not short-circuit the battery, use it near heat or water sources, or allow it to become wet.
- Do not insert nails or any metal objects into the battery, strike it, or weld directly on the battery.
- Do not use a badly damaged battery or operate it with damaged cables or charging adapters.
- Do not operate this product in explosive atmospheres (i.e. flammable liquids, gases or dust) or set the unit on flammable materials (i.e. carpeting, upholstery, paper, cardboard).
- Do not permit the battery to FREEZE. Never charge a frozen battery.
- In case of of skin or eye contact, rinse immediately with clean water and seek medical attention.
- Do not keep using this product if it is damaged, waterlogged, distorted or broke.
- This product contains lithium ion batteries. When battery is expired or worn out, dispose of the battery properly using local laws and regulations.